Top New Orleans Day Trips
48 results | All New Orleans Tours
* A traveler said: "Best money spent all trip. They kept it exciting while educating you at the same time. And the lunch is amazing!!"
* A traveler said: "The plantation experience was great, very informational. Loved that the location had food and drink available for our extra needs."
* A traveler said: "Very informative! We learned and saw a lot about what happened on the plantation. Highly recommend.."
* A traveler said: "We had so much fun! Definitely worth it all around. Our driver told and showed us all about Katrina too. My husband held a baby alligator on the swamp Tour!"
* A traveler said: "Lovely tour, everything was on time and the staff was very informative about the area. Food at the restaurant was amazing"
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide was the so patient, kind and knowledgeable! I highly suggest using this company if you are considering touring. Whitney plantation was so REAL , so RAW! Covid 19 guidelines adhered to! Went with teenagers and they loved it and were engaged in excursion! Thank you"
* A traveler said: "The whole experience was terrific!! Gazele was great!! The plantation were very clean and beautiful."
* A traveler said: "I had wanted to go on this tour for awhile, working on research of slave history. This included lots of stories and not a glamorize plantation experience. 1 1/2 hr. Was just right. Intro in gift shop was very well done. Loved the sculptures of the children."
* A traveler said: "The entire experience was interesting and memorable. Brian was a great driver and made the bus ride seem very short. The tour itself was a remarkable and eye opening experience."
* A traveler said: "The tour guide in the destrehan plantation was just phenomenal, lots of alligators as well so was fun"
* A traveler said: "Wonderful. Definitely book the small airboat they can get into smaller spaces. This is an experience not to be missed. If rainy weather is a potential, take a rain jacket. We got rained on and with the jacket, we were totally fine."
* A traveler said: "Our driver, Gary, was great. Told fun, interesting stories about the area on the 1 hour drive to the plantation. The house tour was a little short but there was plenty of time to walk the grounds. Nice little restaurant and gift shop."
* A traveler said: "Absolutely fantastic tours! The plantation tour was super educational with much to look at and ponder. The large airboat was a blast and was not too wild. We had a fantastic tour guide who was very knowledgeable about the alligators. We saw lots of gators! Make sure you bring cash to tip!"
* A traveler said: "I had already visited both of these places back in the 1990’s and it was very nice to go back and rediscover them and learn more facts and refresh my memory of those that I’d forgotten."
* A traveler said: "The spectacular driveway and beautifully preserved home is only one reason to visit Oak Alley Plantation. It is a two sided tour, learning about the early days of the house, plantation and a genuine insight into the life of a plantation slave, to the tale of the last owner who arranged for her home to be preserved in time. A real eye opening visit. The cafe and shop is wonderful as is the Pecan Liqueur"
* A traveler said: "Enjoyed every minute of the tour. Most memorable was the plantation tour of course. Even learned a few new words and or the origins."
* A traveler said: "Giselle was our Tour Guide and she was delightful and informative. Enjoyed the tour very much learned a lot about the Plantation. Would do it again."
* A traveler said: "We thoroughly enjoyed the tour. Drivers & guides @ both stops were informative & prepared to answer questions. Lunch was limited between the 2 places, but we found a suitable place. Left feeling we had learned a lot. Awesome day!"
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide and bus driver was awesome very friendly and informative during city bus tour i would totally recommend him Thanks so much make our trip ao enjoyable"
* A traveler said: "A wonderful tour. A very detailed discription of the plantation from its founding to present day. Our tour guide, Logan, did a wonderful job. Very knowledgeable. I would suggest this plantation tour to anyone interested in the total picture of plantation life."
* A traveler said: "our guide was very informative. boat not only the water, the nature but the history. the boat was refreshing wind on a hot day! the alligators loved our visit as it was filled with snacks! The head phones were a nice touch to hide the noise. the boats were very clean!"
* A traveler said: "Very informative and worth the money. Both activities filled up our day. Both tour guides were great. Transportation was a plus."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Storyville District
- Preservation Hall
- Musical Legends Park
- Beauregard-Keyes House
- Frenchmen Street
- Mississippi River
- Hotel Monteleone
- Royal Street
- Audubon Aquarium of the Americas
- New Canal Lighthouse
- Audubon Nature Institute
- Court of Two Sisters
- 1850 House
- Lafayette Square
- Faubourg Marigny
- Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve
- LaLaurie Mansion
- Jackson Square
- New Orleans City Park
- Things to do in Louisiana
- Things to do in Orange Beach
- Things to do in Destin
- Things to do in Galveston
- Things to do in Houston
- Things to do in Atlanta
- Things to do in Dallas
- Things to do in Crystal River
- Things to do in Clearwater
- Things to do in Gainesville
- Things to do in Nashville
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in San Antonio
- Things to do in Alabama
- Things to do in Georgia