Barra Lighthouse Tours and Activities
Perched proudly at the end of the Barra peninsula and housed inside an ancient Portuguese fort, Barra Lighthouse (Farol da Barra) is a prime spot to view the spectacular sunsets and views across All Saints Bay (Todos os Santos).
Explore inside the lighthouse and you’ll find a small museum filled with maps, charts and artifacts – many of which were recovered from sunken European galleons that plied the seas transporting goods and slaves during the colonial days.
Admire the splendid fort (Forte de Santo Antônio da Barra), built in 1534 to defend the capital from indigenous and Dutch advances, then lie back against its old stone walls to take in the sunset over the bay.
Tours and Activities to Experience Barra Lighthouse
- Carlos Costa Pinto Museum (Museu Carlos Costa Pinto)
- Castro Alves Theater (Teatro Castro Alves)
- Tororo Dike (Dique do Tororó)
- Lacerda Elevator (Elevador Lacerda)
- Salvador Mercado Modelo
- Cidade Alta
- Museu Afro-Brasileiro (MAFRO)
- Itaipava Arena Fonte Nova
- Frades Island (Ilha dos Frades)
- Nosso Senhor do Bonfim Church (Igreja de Nosso Senhor do Bonfim)
- Sao Francisco Church and Convent (Igreja e Convento de Sao Francisco)
- Itaparica Island (Ilha de Itaparica)
- Morro de Sao Paulo