Aguias da Serra Butterfly Center (Borboletario Aguias da Serra)
The park is located inside the São Paulo Ecotourism Center, a protected area of Serra do Mar State Park. Take part in educational activities in a laboratory, where you can learn about the development of butterflies. In the nursery, follow the birthing process of butterflies and, at the end of the tour, walk among hundreds of butterflies in a covered garden on the roof terrace. The park is also home to a playground, minigolf, sport fishing, a mud pool, circus workshop, and giant maze—all activities are covered by your admission ticket.
Things to Know Before You Go
Borboletário Águias da Serra is a must-visit for families and nature lovers.
Some areas of the park are wheelchair-accessible.
Children under age 2 enter for free.
There are restrooms and a restaurant serving a buffet lunch on site.
How to Get There
The park is located in São Paulo’s Marsilac district, in the south the city in the subprefecture of Parelheiros. No public transport services the park, so a private vehicle is necessary to get there; it’s a 2-hour drive south of São Paulo and free parking is available on site.
When to Get There
Although Borboletário Águias da Serra is typically open on weekends, it keeps irregular opening hours—it’s advisable to check the website before visiting. Even on scheduled opening days, the park closes in the event of poor weather so it’s a good idea to call in advance
Nearby Adventure Park
If you’re looking to combine nature with adventure, visit the SelvaSP Adventure Park, which is a 30-minute drive southeast of the butterfly park. There, you can try your hand at everything from ziplining, stand-up paddleboarding, and white-water rafting to rappelling, and hiking to waterfalls. Not all activities are available year-round, so be sure to check before you go.
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil
- Things to do in Santos
- Things to do in Rio de Janeiro
- Things to do in Belo Horizonte
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in Northeast Brazil
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in Amazon
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Patagonia
- Embu das Artes
- Jesuit Sacred Art Museum (Museu de Arte Sacra dos Jesuitas)
- Zoo Safari at São Paulo Zoo
- Sao Paulo Zoo (Zoológico de Sao Paulo)
- Children's City (Cidade da Criança)
- Luis Carlos Berrini Avenue (Avenida Berrini)
- Itaim Bibi
- Ibirapuera Park
- Hotel Unique
- Sao Paulo Aquarium
- KidZania Sao Paulo
- Museum of Image and Sound (MIS)
- Jardins District
- Paulista Avenue (Avenida Paulista)
- Sunset Square (Praça Por do Sol)