- Discover Lima's many centuries of history during a half-day city tour
- Learn about Lima's Pre-Columbian cultures at the Pucllana Pyramid
- Explore Lima's colonial history in the historic center
- See colonial-era landmarks like the City Council Palace and Cathedral Basilica
- Admire ancient textiles, gold objects, and ceramics at the Banco Central de Reserva Museum
- Visit modern-day Lima areas like Larcomar, Miraflores, and San Isidro
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 30 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Begin the excursion with an investigation of “ancestral” Lima and its Pre-Columbian cultures. You’ll visit the Pucllana Pyramid archaeological site, believed to have been built in the 4th century AD, and learn about its designation as a “sacred village” by Peru’s famous Inca culture.
Leaving behind the Pyramid, begin an exploration of Lima’s colonial-era culture and landmarks. You’ll proceed to Lima’s Historic Center to discover highlights including San Martín Square, Paseo de la República, the Archbishop’s Palace, the Government Palace, City Council Palace, the Cathedral Basilica, and more. Then stop by the Banco Central de Reserva Museum, where you can admire some of the beautiful textiles, gold, and ceramics created by Peru’s various Pre-Columbian cultures (closed on Mondays and Saturday and Sunday afternoons).
After your trip to the museum, stop by the San Francisco Convent, home to one of the largest arrays of religious art in the Americas, and tour Lima’s “spooky” underground “Catacumbas” (catacombs). End the excursion by visiting some of Lima’s most popular modern-day neighborhoods, offering a glimpse of areas including San Isidro, Larcomar, and Miraflores.
You’ll receive a drop-off back at your Lima hotel at the end of the trip.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 1 person per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant rates Not apply if they do not occupy a seat
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Note: If you require an infant seat, we can assign one for an extra cost.
- This tour does not have specific restrictions unless you are in a very bad serious health conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Machupicchu Latin America Journeys
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms