Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day tour to Chesler Park in Canyonlands National Park’s Needles District, from Moab
- Access beautiful backcountry by 4WD with an experienced guide
- Go off-road on some of the most challenging tracks in southeastern Utah
- Learn from your guide about the geology, wildlife and history of Chesler Park
- Take an optional hike on the Joint Trail that leads through a beautiful red rock landscape
- Includes lunch, water, lemonade and transport by 4WD
Departure & Return
Depart the NAVTEC Expeditions headquarters at 321 North Main Street for a full day adventure to Chesler Park in the heart of the Needles District of Canyonlands National Park. We travel in heavy duty yet comfortable 4X4 vehicles.
What To Expect
The reward for the lengthy drive, however, is sweeping vistas of desert landscapes you’d expect to see in brochures, where multicolored rock formations emerge from the sun-scorched earth. You’ll explore the ancient rock formations and weave through the cactus, looking for wildlife like mule deer, lizards, or herds of bighorn sheep.
At Elephant Hill, watch as your guide skillfully maneuvers what's known as one of Utah’s most challenging 4x4 trails. You’ll pass Devil’s Kitchen and Devil’s Lane before emerging at SOB Hill.
Towards the middle of the day, you’ll enjoy a tasty, buffet-style lunch at a panoramic viewpoint, and then be given the option of hiking along the dusty Joint Trail. The 3-mile (4.8km) loop leads towards the Chesler Park meadows, which are often considered as one of the park’s most spectacularly scenic spots.
The trail itself weaves through towering boulders and an intriguing network of canyons, and even though the path is well groomed and the trail is well defined, it’s still a hike that’s sufficiently challenging for even the most experienced of hikers. If you’d prefer to skip the Joint Trail hike, you’re allowed more time to photograph the views surrounding your scenic lunch spot, before continuing on in the 4x4 vehicle to remote sections of the park.
At the end of the day, having scoured the furthest and most isolated corners of Canyonlands National Park, your guide drops you off in the middle of Moab from where the tour began.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Things to bring: camera, water bottle (free refills available) and sun protection
- NAVTEC Expeditions is an authorized concessioner
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY NAVTEC Expeditions
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas