- You will drive a 4-person utility terrain vehicle on a difficult 4x4 route
- Follow an experienced guide over slickrock and sandstone
- Take in views of Negro Bill Canyon, Abyss Canyon, La Sal Mountains and the Colorado River
- Choose a morning, afternoon or sunset adventure
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
After a safety briefing, slip behind the wheel in your 4-seater Kawasaki Teryx 4, a UTV. Follow in a small-group caravan to the Hell's Revenge Trail, located just 10 minutes from Moab. Aptly named, this roller-coaster route includes steep inclines such as Devil’s Backbone. You’ll traverse the ridge before you descend into Lake Michigan, named for the water that collects in a low point in the narrow canyon.
Stop near Lion’s Back to find fossilized dinosaur tracks before continuing on to Negro Bill Canyon (Echo Canyon), which boasts eye-popping views of towering sandstone cliffs above an oasis of cottonwood and willow trees.
Glimpse the La Sal Mountains and cast your gaze over Abyss Canyon then motor off-road to an overlook above the green ribbon of the Colorado River — a view enhanced by the sunset (if option selected) — before your 2.5-hour tour ends in Moab.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All drivers must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver's license
- A hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen are recommended in the warmer months
- Comfortable, closed-toed shoes are required for safety; no flip flops allowed
- Each vehicle fits up to 4 passengers; 2 people minimum per vehicle
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Sunset tour departs approximately 2 hours before sunset (roughly 5pm); call the day before the tour for exact departure time (contact info will be listed on your voucher)
- Please note that this is a U-drive experience which means the customer does the driving.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- It is important that you have a driver that does not get spooked too easily. We take it slow and easy, but the trail does have terrain with steep slopes and some cliffs.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- OPERATED BY Moab Tourism Center
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Hell's Revenge 4x4 Off-Roading Tour from Moab.