- Full-day trip to the country town of Vacherie from New Orleans
- View native animals from an open-air speedboat
- Tour Oak Alley Plantation, a historic home
- Round-trip transportation from New Orleans hotels
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Pickup from your hotel in New Orleans. Please specify which hotel.
What To Expect
Travel through shallow waters at up to 35 miles per hour (56 kilometers per hour), while you learn about the surrounding wildlife from a guide with extensive knowledge about the local ecosystem. Zoom through marsh, swamp, and lake waters en route to alligator habitats where you can see these ancient reptiles up close and learn about their lives. Look up periodically to catch sight of the bird species that also call the area home, including bald eagles, pelicans, ospreys, and owls.
At the end of the boat tour, return to shore to tour the 19th-century Oak Alley Plantation, a typical antebellum plantation house. Walk down a classic alley of live oaks hung with Spanish moss on your way to the house, and then meet your docent for a guided tour inside. Afterward, spend a free hour wandering the 25-acre property or eating at the restaurant and café on site (own expense). The tour will conclude when your driver takes you back to your hotel in New Orleans.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Confirmation received at time of booking
- Must be 48 inches tall to ride airboats
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Louisiana Tour company
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Oak Alley Plantation and Small Airboat Tour from New Orleans.