- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Ideal choice for families
- Led by a local guide
- Your guide will be happy to accommodate special requests as time permits
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Passengers with disabilities: If you are traveling with someone with limited mobility, please let us know in advance by calling (504) 943-8820 so that we can be prepared to assist him or her into the carriage. We may arrange for your carriage to board at a different location, where strollers, walkers, or wheelchairs can be left behind, and where we can provide assistance to those individuals.
- Cemetery: visit Saint Louis Cemetery #1 on all reservations booked between 9am-2pm with the exceptions of holidays and unannounced funerals. Once arrived at the cemetery, tour participants will be granted entry, receiving a private walking tour with her or her guide. The cemetery has lots of uneven and muddy surfaces that are not suitable for wheelchairs, strollers, or walkers.
- In favorable weather conditions, including rain. We ask that all tour participants please dress appropriately for this for the weather.
- This tour activity is subject to be canceled due to inclement weather such as flooding or lightning. By providing a contact cell phone number, we are then able to notify you immediately if there are any changes to your tour activity in regards to weather and or traffic conditions and provide you with the opportunity to reschedule to a better date or time.
- Adults over the age of 21 are allowed to consume alcoholic beverages onboard the carriage. Passengers who appear to be intoxicated will not be allowed to ride the carriage, for safety reasons. This is strictly enforced.
- Pictures are always allowed and encouraged on the carriage during your tour. Please feel free to share your mule-drawn pictures online with your friends. The personally curated tour is proprietary information of the carriage driver. Video filming is only allowed by first asking permission of your carriage driver.
- Tickets are non-refundable once a purchase is completed, and cannot be rescheduled. There are no refunds or reschedules for missed tour appointments. An example of a missed tour appointment is 5 minutes past the scheduled time.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Hand washing stations available
- Carriages are deep cleaned
- Plexiglass is installed between seats
- Employees receive temperature checks before each shift
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Royal Carriages
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Private Carriage Tour of French Quarter in New Orleans.