5 to 9 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Saved to wishlist!
3-person minimum to book a tour
Departure & Return
Paria Contact Station , 2040 Long Valley Rd, Kanab, UT 84741, USAThis activity will end right where it started.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Seeking Treasure Adventures
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
Filter by:Accessibility Cancellation/Amendments Health & Safety Itinerary details Other Pricing/Options
What type of vehicle is used during the Private Buckskin Gulch Tour?
A:You will be driven to the trailhead in a top-notch, high-clearance vehicle (either a lifted Toyota Tacoma OR a lifted Hummer 2.) Both have been specifically enhanced for rough, deep sand roads and carry extra tires and repair equipment.
How much hiking is involved during the Private Buckskin Gulch Tour?
A:This tour covers a distance of 4-10 miles, depending on the route taken.
How strenuous is the Private Buckskin Gulch Tour?
A:This depends on the route taken. You may choose between Wire Pass (Easy to Moderate) or the Middle Route (Moderate to Strenuous.) Your guide will assist you in making an informed decision to assure you have the best experience possible.
Can I participate in the Private Buckskin Gulch Tour if I am not an experienced hiker?
A:Yes, however, it's recommended that all participants have a moderate physical fitness level.
Is the Private Buckskin Gulch Tour appropriate for children?
A:Children are allowed, however they should be age-appropriate for the difficulty of the hike they are taking. Be sure to indicate any children's age(s) in the "Special Requirements" box at checkout.
What should I wear on the Private Buckskin Gulch Tour?
A:Clothing should be suitable for hiking and allow freedom of movement. Well-fitting hiking shoes are best. In the summertime, light long-sleeved shirts, a brimmed hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen are ideal for sun protection.
Can I bring my dog with me on the Private Buckskin Gulch Tour?
A:Yes - dogs are welcome, however, your dog must remain under your control at all times and be leashed (when required.) You are fully liable for your dog’s behavior. You will also be responsible for carrying water and packing out waste.
Should I bring my camera with me on the Private Buckskin Gulch Tour?
A:Absolutely! Buckskin Gulch is a photographer's dream. Every corner you turn is changing continuously; the cliffs are water-and-wind-sculpted patterns of colors, light, and shadows. You will also see some amazing petroglyphs.
Are bathrooms available during the Private Buckskin Gulch Tour?
A:Bathrooms are non-existent during the hike. 'Leave-no-trace' etiquette will be followed and explained by your guide. 'Wag Bags' will be provided for your convenience.
How do you assure safety during the Private Buckskin Gulch Tour?
A:All guides are trained and experienced in the area. They monitor conditions (weather, roads, etc.) which may change very quickly, and adapt so that you can enjoy your tour. They are first aid certified and carry SPOT locators in case of emergencies.
What happens if there is bad weather the day of my Private Buckskin Gulch Tour?
A:All guides are experienced with the local weather and are trained well to lead the tours and keep you safe. If the weather is deemed unsafe, your guide will contact you to either reschedule or receive a full refund.
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Buckskin Gulch Tour ?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsArchaeology ToursNature and WildlifeExtremeCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingPage4WD Tours - ArizonaSporting Events - ArizonaArchaeology Tours - ArizonaNature and Wildlife - ArizonaExtreme - ArizonaCategory