- Private sightseeing tour of Rio de Janeiro with a driver-guide or separate guide and driver
- Focus your sightseeing on Rio’s history or nature, including Corcovado and Sugar Loaf
- Pricing is per group; accommodates up to 15 people to ensure an intimate experience
- Convenient round-trip transport available from hotel, port, or airports; entry fees are extra
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
> Please fill in the lead traveler´s passport details (only 1) so we can schedule the group´s tickets to Christ the Redeemer in your name. If you prefer not to, please leave it blank.
• Your guide will have a TRIP ADVISOR sign at the port or airport near the main gate by the colorful face mural.
• Hotels: Your guide will wait for you in the hotel lobby.
-If you would like a different pick-up time, please send us a message.
-At the beginning of the tour, please tell your guide your choice for history or nature focus.
-We pick up at all hotels in Rio (including Barra da Tijuca)
- Internacional Airport, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
- Santos Dumont Airport, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
- Porto maravilha
What To Expect
Your first stop is at Christ the Redeemer, which you reach by a train ride through the Tijuca National Forest, one of the largest urban forests worldwide. At the top, get sweeping views of Rio and take the time to snap photos.
Visit Lapa, home to the Lapa Arches and the colorful Selaron Steps. Swing by the popular recreation spot Flamengo Park on the way to Sugar Loaf Mountain. Hop a cable car to the top at 1,300 feet (396 meters) and enjoy more panoramic views of the city below. Along your journey, get personalized attention from your private guide (if option selected) and plenty of opportunities to ask questions.
After a stop to purchase lunch at a local restaurant, your afternoon itinerary is customized to suit your preferences. History buffs head for the historic city center to visit Rio's striking Metropolitan Cathedral, Cinelândia Square and the Ethnicity Mural. Nature lovers can visit the Tijuca forest and its waterfall, meander Pepino beach at São Conrado, and stop by Leblon's belvedere for some more city views.
Your full-day private tour of Rio ends with convenient drop-off at your accommodation, the airport, or the cruise terminal.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please fill in the lead traveler´s passport details (only 1) so we can schedule the group´s tickets to Christ the Redeemer in your name. If you prefer not to, please leave it blank.
- Special restaurants are available: gluten-free, vegan, halal, kosher, please advise.
- Please read our voucher for important information before the tour starts.
- Wheelchair accessible vans may be provided. Please choose the "van" option at the time of booking.
- Infant car seats are available. Please advise as a "special request."
- A small amount of walking is involved.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Way to Know Rio
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Christ the Redeemer it was raining so we had to be quick and watch when the clouds moved to get a picture." See review