8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
The rapids on the Macaé River as it flows through Casimiro de Abreu northeast of Rio de Janeiro are perfect for rafting. On this tour, adventurous travelers of all experience levels can enjoy the sport of whitewater rafting in a fun and safe environment. Easy to intermediate rapids offer a thrill particularly ideal for first timers.
- No experience or equipment necessary; bring a towel and change of clothes
- Views of the Atlantic Forest from a raft on the Macaé River
- Take home pictures and video of your adventures
- Convenient roundtrip transport from your hotel in Rio de Janeiro
Saved to wishlist!
Round trip transportation
Bilingual accredited guide
Rafting equipment (boats, helmets, paddles and life jackets)
Pictures and Videos
RIDE DOES NOT INCLUDE
Food and Beverages.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Meeting at the hotel - 2 hours trip to Casimiro de Abreu - Briefing about rafting and equipment use - Rafting from approximately 01 to 01:30 hour - 02 hours of return trip to Rio de Janeiro - Return to the hotel.
- TOUR DURATION
- 8 hours - round trip.
- SUGGESTED BEGINNING TIME
- 07:00 a.m.
- DIFFICULTY LEVEL
- Easy - Medium
- AVERAGE TEMPERATURE
- 22°C (70°F)
- WE RECOMMEND
- Light clothing, bathing suits, sunscreen and sneakers (not allowed to wear sandals), non-waterproof cameras are not recommended. Bring a towel, extra clothes and shoes to change after the tour.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Private Shuttle in Rio
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Rafting Tour in Casimiro de Abreu?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Rafting Tour in Casimiro de Abreu?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Rafting Tour in Casimiro de Abreu?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Explore Similar Things to Do
ExtremeRaftingWhite Water Rafting Water SportsOutdoor ActivitiesRio de JaneiroExtreme - Southeast BrazilRafting - Southeast BrazilWhite Water Rafting - Southeast BrazilExtreme - SantosRafting - SantosWhite Water Rafting - SantosExtreme - Belo HorizonteRafting - Belo HorizonteWhite Water Rafting - Belo HorizonteCategory
Copacabana Fort (Forte de Copacabana)Chacara do Ceu MuseumMorro da UrcaBotafogoFlamengoVista ChinesaSambadrome (Sambadrome Marques de Sapucaí)NiteroiUrcaCorcovado Train (Trem do Corcovado)Marapendi Natural Reserve (Parque Natural Municipal de Marapendi)Floriano Peixoto Square (Cinelandia)Sao Bento Monastery (Mosteiro de Sao Bento)RioZoo (Jardim Zoológico do Rio de Janeiro)Casa Franca-BrasilRio de Janeiro Museum of Modern Art (Museu de Arte Moderna)Post Office Cultural Center (Centro Cultural Correios)Morro Dois IrmaosCopacabana Fort (Forte de Copacabana)Itaipu Beach (Praia de Itaipu)