- Half-day tour of the Rio de Janeiro Botanical Garden and the Tijuca Rainforest
- Explore the huge variety of plants and flowers at the botanical garden, including more than 500 species of orchid
- Enjoy a mild, 15-minute hike in the Tijuca Rainforest, the biggest urban forest in the world
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop off included
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
* Roundtrip Transfer to Most Hotels in São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema, Copacabana, Botafogo, Flamengo, Glória, Catete, Barra da Tijuca, Santa Teresa and Downtown
* Please call the number on the voucher at least 24 hours in advance to reconfirm your selected activity. The pick up time at your hotel can differ by up to about 45 minutes from the above time, depending on your location. There are cases in which the provider will not be able to pick you up and so an alternative meeting point will be suggested at the time of your call
* The neighborhoods of São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema, Copacabana, Botafogo, Flamengo, Glória, Catete are within the South Zone, and Santa Teresa and Centro, Downtown
What To Expect
Follow your guide through the world-famous botanical garden, which houses a variety of native and exotic plants from all over the globe. Walk though enormous redwood trees, ponds filled with water lilies and stately imperial palm trees. Enter the garden's greenhouse to admire over 500 different varieties of orchid.
As you stroll amongst the garden's many splashing fountains and interesting historical landmarks, listen for the calls of the local bird life.
Board your vehicle to travel to your next stop, the Tijuca Rainforest. This large, protected swath of rainforest is located just ten minutes outside the city center and is home to a wide variety of plants and animals.
Hop out of the vehicle for an easy hike through the forest, keeping a lookout for exotic birds and monkeys along the way. Listen as your guide talks about the preservation of the ecosystem and the history of the forest. Pass by landmarks like Açude da Solidão (Loneliness Dike), Capela Mayrink (Mayring Chapel) and Cascatinha de Taunay (Taunay Waterfall).
Depart the rainforest and make a brief stop to watch the hang gliders riding the waves at Pepino Beach, then return to your Rio hotel for drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Bring a bottle of water
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat in case it’s hot
- The specific departure time for this tour will be determined upon reconfirmation.
- Stay tuned to the neighborhood where your hotel is located. There are two pick up options available with different prices.
- The neighborhoods of São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema, Copacabana, Botafogo, Flamengo, Glória, Catete are within the South Zone, and Santa Teresa and Centro, Downtown
- Most travelers can participate
- Tickets to the Botanical Garden are not included. Prices are as follows:
- * Entrance fee for foreign visitors: BRL 60.00.
- * Entrance fee for Mercosur visitors: BRL 45.00.
- * Entrance fee for visitors residing in Brazil: BRL 24.00.
- The above prices are subject to change without notice.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Brazil
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Rio Botanical Garden and Tijuca Rainforest Jeep Tour.
- "You need to be fit enough to walk in the heat." See review